Navigating change: How to flourish in times of uncertainty – Guardian Masterclass
July 7 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm BST£49
Jean Smith leads this nourishing masterclass in how to build resilience, adjust to uncertainty and allow your personal and professional connections to flourish – without compromising your sense of self.
One minute, we were hoping our local coffee shop hadn’t sold out of our favourite sandwich – and the next, we were faced with empty supermarket shelves and panic written across the news.
During these times of significant uncertainty, it can be all too easy to allow yourself to spiral: from thoughts that the world as we know it is ending to taking on more work than you know is good for you, sometimes it can feel like everything is an uphill battle.
In this practical online masterclass with cultural and social anthropologist Jean Smith, you will discover how to not only navigate change and uncertainty – but come through them with a positive and productive mindset. You will learn why stepping out of your comfort zone is imperative for building your confidence, and why cutting things out of your life is more essential to your well being than adding things in.
Based on research into the importance of micro-interactions, and building on Jean’s decades of experience, this course is for anyone who has felt themselves flounder during the past year or is hesitant about integrating back into society.You will come away feeling more comfortable, capable and far more you, than you have for a long time -with a new toolkit of skills for adjusting to an ever-changing world – and flourishing in it.
- Simple steps for rebuilding confidence
- Why cutting out is more important than adding in
- Laying the groundwork for easy interactions
- The fundamentals of space, positioning and body language for reviving your social life
- Using the ‘test and assess’ method when making social advances
- How to have rewarding micro-interactions
- How to stylishly retreat if a conversation isn’t going as planned
This course is for…
- Anyone feeling overwhelmed by change who wants to improve their resilience
- Anyone looking to build confidence and grow their social skills
*please use the link below to book via the Guardian website