Do you want to learn how to practice flirting?
Think about S.C.O.R.E.. This is a good place to start. Sometimes when you are with someone whom you fancy, it’s hard to remember what to do and nerves can kick in.
We get by with a little help from our friends. I must admit that this incredibly useful acronym, came from one of the members of the Flirtology community. He told me that he uses it himself to help him remember what to do in flirting situations. Thank you for sharing! If you would like an easy way to learn how to practice flirting, just think SCORE:
- Smile – Go on, give them a smile. Don’t forget to show your teeth. Smiles give off a warm vibe and make the other person feel like you truly want to be there with them. This is a great compliment.
- Compliment – Again, it’s about making people feel good and showing them that you are happy to be there. You start with a smile and then add a compliment. It must be genuine. You are probably already thinking something nice about them, so just tell them; ‘You are really funny!’, ‘That shirt makes your eyes look so blue’.
- Open question – This allows for their to be some back and forth in the conversation. A closed question, such as ‘Do you like this?’ means that other person could say, ‘Yes’ or ‘No’. An open question would be ‘What do you like about this?’. This means there is more chance for a conversation to develop.
- Relax – Just breathe. This is supposed to be fun, remember? If you are nervous, it means that you are probably focusing too much on yourself, thus you are feeling self-conscious. Simply shift your focus to the other person. Maybe this means to ask another question and then listen more closely to what they say.
- Eye Contact – The number one flirting tip. People said that eye contact is the number one way that they could feel when someone was interested in them. Your eye contact shows the other person that they have your attention and are focusing on you.
If you’d like to learn more ways for how to practice flirting, might we recommend the new Flirtology book? Flirtology: Stop Swiping, Start Talking and Find Love. It’s everything you need to know, in one book.